Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 1: Simple

Once upon a time...... before time began..... hey what's up..... I feel like.... I dont really know how to start, but this is my first blog ever so thats fun. I've debated for a long time whether to get a blog or not and then I just decided to get one. Why not?? Anyway this blog is called "Day 1: Simple" because I want to try and number the days I blog, obviously this one is my first therefore it is "Day 1", and for every day I want to make emphasis on a word or two (maybe more?). I'm not promising I'm gonna stay consistant I never know if I'm gonna have some crazy life experience that I need to talk about, but for now thats how it's gonna be!

Today the word is Simple, simply becasue today was simple, but I felt like thats all it needed to be: Simple. I woke at 11 (11:04 a.m.) to be exact and didn't feel the need to do anything today, no expectations. It was interesting because usually I think I need to text someone or take care of the dog or clean my room, but not today I just got up and did what I wanted to do. I know this isn't philosophical like other blogs I've seen it's just honest I guess. When my nephews and neice came home from school I watched them play outside and saw how simple it was for them to have fun, they could've played with anything out there and still had the time of their lives! As I was watching them play the song "Let's Got Fly a Kite" popped into my head and immediately I went and got my Ipod and I home and blasted it outside. Surprisingly the kids knew the song and they sang a long! The events of this day made me realize that even though my life is simple right now, meaning that I dont have much going on, it can still be fun if you make it! Kind of like another song from Mary Poppins "Anything Can Happen if You Let It".

p.s. I dont really care if people like my blog or even read it, I think its fun so I'm gonna do it.... also, I'll probably quote music/ musicals a lot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment